We all love Chinese food and how they taste in our mouth. So if someone wants to have a snack for one or two persons and at an instant then this chinese fried cabbage dish is the best one. We can make many things under Chinese cuisine, but yes, they need effort and some technique.
Cabbage is a vegetable that is not so versatile, but it can give a crunchy taste if someone prepares it sufficiently. This particular dish is so good, and people can eat it anytime despite the fact of the hour.
There are some ingredients that one needs to make this dish. Here are the ingredients,
- Half of a small cabbage
- Sichuan pepper (1 tablespoon)
- Small chili peppers (1 or 2)
- Soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Any vegetable oil
These are the main ingredients of this dish. We all see that soy sauce is a type of ingredient that is highly used in Chinese dishes. It can add a lot of taste, and it can also give different colors to the dish. Many people try to add different sauces like tomato ketchup or chili sauce, but if it is not in the recipe, then one must go according to the steps.
Moreover, if we use many sauces, there are chances that the cabbage will lose the crisp. This snack is for the ones who want to eat something light and easy to make, but too many ingredients will make it heavy. The best equipment to make it is a wok. The chef of Chinese dishes always uses a wok to make them because it can give the smoky flavor famous about this specific cuisine.
Recipe of Chinese fried cabbage!
This dish’s recipe is very easy, and it takes a maximum of 10 minutes to cook. It depends on the person on how much time they spend chopping the cabbage. A person can’t chop a cabbage so fast if they are new to this. It needs a bit of practice and if you are chopping a vegetable for the first time, try to be slow and steady so that there is no harm because of the knife.
Follow the following steps for the recipe of the dish,
- Take a small size cabbage and wash it properly. There can be dirt on the cabbage, so it is very important to wash it. After washing it, remove the leaves and cut it half. It is not easy and practical to try and cut a whole cabbage in one go, so cut it in half first.
- After cutting it, cut the hard part of the cabbage. It is also known as the basis. After cutting off the basis, there will be only leaves left of the cabbage, and that is what we need for the recipe.
- Then take one half of the cabbage and then cut it in a quarter. It will make it easy to cut, and it will give the adequate type of piece that we need. Cut pieces of the cabbage as much as you like. Make sure they are not so small and not so big. They must be big enough to eat and hold.
- Once the cabbage is in the proper pieces, put some oil in the wok and let it heat. After this, add Sichuan pepper to the oil. It is not a mandatory thing, but to have the best and authentic taste is the important step. Cook the pepper until it turns black in color. Don’t worry. It is not burning, and it is how it is supposed to be.
- Take a spatula and hold a red pepper in it. Mostly people use the dried peppers as they are better in taste and give an elevated taste to the dish. If someone likes it spicy, they can cut it into small pieces and then put it inside the oil.
- And the last step is to add the cabbage. Stir it and fry it in the wok in the same amount of oil. After 2 or 3 minutes, it will be ready to eat and will be crispy too.
This is how to make Chinese fried cabbage. It is a great recipe, and it is pretty easy to cook too.