There is a common misconception among people that marijuana and hemp are two different species of plant. As a matter of fact, there is no biological evidence that would suggest that these two belong to different species. They are two different names that are given for cannabis, which is the type of plant belonging to the family of Cannabaceae.
Though science didn’t draw any line of difference between hemp and marijuana however the law has. Legally speaking, the primary difference between these two is THC or tetrahydrocannabinol content. There are different types of cannabinoids that are found; THC is one of them. It is a type of compound that is extracted from the Cannabis plants. This is considered to be the primary agent that causes the intoxicating and high effect of consuming Cannabis. The CBD flower is one of the most common ways of extracting the properties and compounds of these plants.
Scientifically, it has been proven that CBD contains some of the most useful elements and compounds that can be used in treating different types of physical and mental conditions.
Health benefits that can be derived from marijuana and hemp
And mentioned, scientifically it has been proven that both marijuana and hemp contain certain properties that can be used for treating different kinds of medical conditions. Besides, they also rich in some of the most important nutrients and minerals. In the following section, you will be offered a brief insight into some of the major health benefits which both hemp and marijuana has to offer .
What are the health benefits of hemp?
One of the most striking benefits which hemp seeds have to offer is the fact that they are highly nutritious. Hemp seeds are known for being very rich in protein
and some of the other minerals like vitamins and amino acids.
- Fact that hemp seeds contain amino acids in a considerable amount, they have proven to be very useful when it comes to reducing the chances of different types of heart-related diseases.
- Oil extracted from hemp seeds are also very useful in treating different kinds of skin diseases.
- Those who are suffering from chronic indigestion can benefit a lot by using hemp seeds.
What are the Health Benefits of Marijuana?
Like hemp, marijuana is also known to have certain healing properties. They are as follows
- It has been proven that marijuana can be very effectively used in treating cancer patients. It can help reduce the speed of growth of tumors and fight against the cancerous cells in the body.
- Those were suffering from depression and anxiety can also benefit from consuming marijuana in proper doses.
- Marijuana helps to relax the tissues and muscles of the body and gives a rejuvenating feeling, which helps to improve the sleeping cycle.
These are some of the different health benefits which hemp and marijuana have to offer. Over the last couple of years, extensive research has been carried out in order to find out the different ways in which these two elements could be used in medical practices. More and more positive results are showing up.