My number one New Year’s resolution is to live a holistic healthier life. Attached to that resolution of course, is weight loss, but I refuse to box myself into a “diet”. The strange thing is most diets are not made to treat my bad habits; the habit of not eating enough, not sleeping enough and stressing way too much. Some days I forget to eat, for getting caught up in business related activities. For the same reason, I seem to get only 3 good hours of sleep, and you guessed it, stressing over my business related activities. My body holds on to weight, stores fat to protect me. My body believes I am in a famine. This year I am going to show my body that it lives in Eden.
They say that it is 30 days to a new habit. It is December 2nd of 2009 and I have already started to practice that lifestyle back in October to give myself a head start. Are you not surprised? Well that might be because, like me, you have had the same resolution for years. Let me tell you what we are going do differently, starting now for 2010.
- To start, we are going to explore healthy food recipes until we find at least 5-10 meals that we really enjoy eating and include cabbage in our daily or weekly diet to flush our bodies of toxins.
There are some great recipes in Epicurious amp; Bon Appetit. Some of my favorite recipes are.
- Bon Appetit
- Spicy Thai Tofu with Red Bell Peppers and Peanuts
- Curried Pea Frittata with Fresh Tomato Chutney
- Quinoa with Black Beans and Cilantro
- Traditional Indian Raita
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Vegetarian Dumplings
- Vegetarian Brown Rice Sushi Rolls
- We are going to make a play list of 2-5 high tempo songs that release serotonin in our bodies. Serotonin is a chemical released in the brain that makes you feel good and rids the body of stress. The music you choose should help you to imagine yourselves at your best. Music is a very good serotonin releaser.
- We are going to get up first thing in the morning and dance to that play list and do it again before you sleep. When you are dancing, you are going to try to do everything you imagine yourself doing, no matter how stupid you think you look trying. This is like exercise but not more of a stress release.
- We are going to juice spinach, carrots, and apple and drink that once a day. Spinach is the super food of all supper foods. There are no limits to the benefits of spinach. The chlorophyll is good for cleaning the lungs for healthier breathing, which will get my oxygen into the body. One of oxygen’s many benefits is that it restores the cells in the body.
- Take a hot shower, after night workout and before bed and get 8 hours of sleep.
We are going to give our bodies’ better food, serotonin, and more rest.
Live and love your life and free others to do the same. In addition, you may also consider seeking help from medical professional such as tummy tuck. Tummy tuck, can help slim and tone your abdominal area.